Piano Forum logo
November 19, 2017, 05:05:44 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Glenn Gould – Seeking the Ordinary in the Eccentric

Many are names of things we hold dear. An enigmatic musical poet, world- renowned pianist Glenn Gould continues to captivate years after his untimely death in 1982. In 2010 the documentary Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould was presented and became yet another attempt to describe the iconic musician. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Information Needed  (Read 214 times)
bashiek
PS Silver Member

« on: July 29, 2017, 03:29:04 AM »

Hello everyone. I am not a student, but I thought it would be best to ask teachers this question:

Please listen to the music in this clip. If you are able to recognize which composer composed this particular piece, I would really appreciate it. I heard this same piece not only in "Fairy Tail", but in "Tegami Bachi", another anime as well. I asked someone else about it, and she thought it could be Rachmaninoff or Bach, but she wasn't sure.

Thank you very much for your time.

* FT music from TB 21.mp4-.mp3 (769.8 KB - downloaded 28 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
anamnesis
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 03:49:11 AM »

The except starts in a weird spot, otherwise it should normally be fairly easy to identify:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_on_the_G_String

(Note the name which it is what's commonly known as, is technically the name of the arrangement.  The original is the second movement, "Air", of Bach's third Orchestral Suite. )
bashiek
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:28:10 AM »

Thank you very much for your help!

Take care.

Sincerely,
Bashiek
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: