Piano Forum logo
November 19, 2017, 02:45:42 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Maurizio Pollini’s Chopin Etudes Astonish 50 Years Later

Why did we have had to wait over fifty years for this unique recording? Maurizio Pollini withheld his permission for his first complete recording of the Chopin Etudes Opp. 10 & 25 to be released. While the legendary DG recording from the 1970s has long been acknowledged as one of the finest versions of the Chopin Etudes, the previously unissued version from Abbey Road Studios in 1960 - characterised by a lighter touch and greater musical freedom – is now available on Testament label. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bach "48" BkII Fugue in G# minor  (Read 251 times)
manikin
PS Gold Member

« on: August 07, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »

Bar 120 strikes me as uncomfortable where the last notes B (Bass) and G double sharp are unhappy with each other. Perhaps G# would be less obtrusive?? It's not quite so noticeable as the clear false relation in bar 10 of the slow movement of the Italian Concerto but for some reason irritates me more! Any observations?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
clouseau
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 01:10:33 AM »

Hello manikin,

I don't see a G double sharp on bar 120. This chromatic descending bass sounds glorious, you must have a bad edition! You can always compare with some other editions on imlsp.com if you suspect mistakes.

happy practicing!
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"What the devil do you mean to sing to me, priest? You are out of tune." - Rameau
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: