Piano Forum logo
November 23, 2017, 12:09:46 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

New Chopin Photo Found!

The Swiss physicist and Chopin connoisseur Alain Kohler, already known for discovering in a private German home a Pleyel piano that once belonged to Frédéric Chopin, has made another sensational find. Kohler, together with Gilles Bencimon of Radio France Internationale, recently announced that they have unearthed a new, previously unknown photograph of Chopin. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: composer`s quizz  (Read 163 times)
cardeno
PS Silver Member

« on: August 15, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »

It is the 19th century and a famous composer and pianist invites another famous composer and pianist
to his house to hear his latest compositions. The guest arrives and eventually the host sits at the piano and starts banging away while his guest is sitting down near him listening.

When the host finishes his playing he turns round to his guest and asks, "what do you think about this composition ?", but there is no answer from his guest but only the loud sound of snoring. The guest fell sleep.

A true story. Please name the composers......if you can....
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
mjames
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »

Sounds like Liszt and Brahms.

Pianism is my religion, Bach is my God, and Chopin's my prophet.
ronde_des_sylphes
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 08:43:43 PM »

... and it was the B minor sonata.

cardeno
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »

Well "ronde_des_sylphes" and" mjames" I`m impressed by these two answers which are correct of course. Standards are high here.....may be I should move to a lower standard piano forum........
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: