Piano Forum logo
September 26, 2017, 09:10:07 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Two New Mozart Piano Pieces Discovered

The International Mozarteum Foundation in Salzburg has announced it has discovered two previously unknown compositions written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. They will be performed by clavichordist Florian Birsak on Mozart’s own fortepiano at the family’s old Salzburg residence. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chamber music with piano  (Read 80 times)
c_minor
PS Silver Member

« on: August 23, 2017, 01:46:46 AM »

Hi again everyone,

Do you have any recommendations for chamber music with the piano? Any combination of instruments is fine. To start, I'd like to recommend the 2nd Brahms violin sonata and the Janacek violin sonata. Feel free to share your favorite recordings. Smiley
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
outin
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 04:40:40 AM »

And the sonata of course, both with cello and violin...

My summer projects: Scarlatti K87, K466, K109, Scriabin op74 preludes, Chopin Waltz 69-2 and Berceuse. And just exploring more music...
c_minor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 06:37:22 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't listened to the other movements of the quintet yet, but the 1st sounds interesting..

I like the chamber music of Brahms and Dvorak in general. If anyone can suggest other similar composers, that would be appreciated. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: