Piano Forum logo
November 24, 2017, 02:40:19 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Immersed in Mozart – Roberto Prosseda on Recording the Early Sonatas

The Italian pianist Roberto Prosseda has previously recorded Mendelssohn’s complete piano works. Now he is embarking on a new, slightly less encyclopedic but equally ambitious project, that of recording Mozart’s complete sonatas. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for a piano major looking to compete.  (Read 155 times)
jdrpiano
PS Silver Member

« on: September 12, 2017, 02:58:10 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I am relatively new to the student forum (well actually, the entire forum in general) but I am looking to get some good insight/opinions on a question that I have had to ponder quite a bit lately. I am starting college in the fall as a piano performance major and I was wondering if any of you had advice for someone wants to start competing while studying at university. I have started compiling a list of both local, national, and international piano competitions (good start or not...?) just so I can get a good view for what can potentially be on my horizon. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thank you all in advance! Smiley
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: