Piano Forum logo
November 25, 2017, 04:05:30 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Beauty and Hope in the 21st Century

The recently published compilation “Beauty and Hope in the 21st Century” contains contemporary solo piano pieces from many internationally renowned composers. Nikolas Sideris and Editions Musica Ferrum generously give access to complete scores of new piano pieces from the compilation that are available to download and print for Piano Street members. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mendelssohn: Spinning Song  (Read 141 times)
scrabblekid
PS Silver Member

« on: September 30, 2017, 05:40:37 PM »

Worked on this for the summer but am setting it aside for now. It's tough to keep it under control - would welcome any ideas for how to add speed and precision when I pick this back up.

https://youtu.be/TqcuPY8-V6Q
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
chopinlover01
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »

Not bad. In order to play everything light and coordinated, I'd try playing everything finger staccato, slowly. This ingrains the habit of quick release into your fingers; you don't even need to necessarily work it up w/ metronome if you can make sure you're releasing your fingers properly at tempo.

Wonderful pedaling, by the way!

Jazz Ambassador Cool
thirtytwo2020
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »

Well played! Loved your smile at the end Smiley
I also think it would be a good idea to do some slow practice, on short fragments, always with a very light arm, but without ever losing touch with the key bed. Another thought is that you could try practicing the whole thing very softly until you can play it really evenly and have developed a really nice leggiero touch, and only then add a bit more generous phrasing and dynamics. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: