Piano Forum logo
June 19, 2018, 06:23:40 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Watch Live Stream Now: Piano Recital with Juliana Steinbach

Welcome to watch the live broadcast of the recital with pianist Juliana Steinbach at the Royal Academy of Arts in Stockholm starting today, May 11, at 17.00 GMT. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A concert Chickering&Sons grand...  (Read 775 times)
rogerbann
PS Silver Member

« on: October 01, 2017, 05:51:37 PM »

Hi folks
I thought I would put out this ad here, too.
There is a fullsize 9ft well kept Chickering&Sons grand for sale in Sweden, priced at 2500$.
https://www.blocket.se/varmland/Premium_FLYGEL_Chickering___Sons_75265693.htm?ca=11&w=3
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
alexjr1543
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 03:43:02 AM »

Is this yours, or are you just showing something you found? Because that price is absolutely unbelievable for a full size concert grand. At that price, I'd fully expect it to collapse into a pile of splinters as soon as you touched a single key.

Also, Google Translate seems to think that the Swedish word for "piano" means something to do with wings, planes, or flying. I'm curious if there's a reason for this. Obviously, I don't speak Swedish.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: