Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Who authors these photos of Franz Liszt?  (Read 2113 times)

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
Who authors these photos of Franz Liszt?
on: October 08, 2017, 02:28:15 AM

They're cool pics. Does anybody know who took these?

Thanks!

Offline dogperson

Re: Who authors these photos of Franz Liszt?
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:19:03 AM
 The author of this image is unknown.   Other images are attributable to Nader or W.D. Downing

If you’re curious about  any of the 363 images,  this is from a simple internet search.   Clicking on each image gives you to history

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/franz-liszt---composer?excludenudity=true&mediatype=photography&page=3&phrase=franz%20liszt%20-%20composer&sort=mostpopular

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
Re: Who authors these photos of Franz Liszt?
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:24:11 AM
Thanks, dogperson.

I somehow forgot to add the other pic I was supposed to include in my post.

Also, here's a third one, from the Getty Images link you provided:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/franz-liszt-was-a-hungarian-composer-and-pianist-who-news-photo/615289654#franz-liszt-was-a-hungarian-composer-and-pianist-who-revolutionized-picture-id615289654

It's kind of cool. I was thinking 19th C. photos don't often have people smiling in them.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert