Piano Forum logo
November 20, 2017, 02:03:23 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Master Class with Leon Fleisher: The Late Schubert Sonatas

Filmed during a Professional Training Workshop in New York, Franz Schubert’s late piano sonatas come to life in this performance guide that includes video clips, written commentary, and an animated score, allowing the user to simultaneously watch Mr. Fleisher teach from the keyboard and study the notated music. Select any combination of 24 separate video clips from six categories to build your own tailor-made video master class from a range of topics. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor thirds double note passages (don Juan or Chopin g #minor etc)  (Read 150 times)
diomedes
PS Silver Member

« on: October 13, 2017, 03:37:07 PM »

I'm finding big scales in thirds going down to be much easier than ascending. I believe when I was doing the Busoni arrangement of campanella he had an ascending thirds passage where he took some notes out. I played it long ago so I can't determine if it was an actual simplification.

Anyone with experience on this or some ideas on removing notes going up?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

Ravel, Alborada del Gracioso
Schumann, Kreisleriana
Scriabin, Sonata nr.3
Liszt, Don Juan
pianoplayer002
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »

I think it's better to figure out the technique and do it properly instead.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: