Piano Forum logo
December 18, 2017, 04:43:42 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Multi-Talented Stephen Hough Enters the Blog Scene

English pianist Stephen Hough has enjoyed a phenomenal recording career with over forty recordings, many of which have won Gramophone and Diapason awards and Time Magazine’s Classical CD of the Year. Read his blog at blog at Telegraph. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantaisie Impromptu improv  (Read 96 times)
ranjit
PS Silver Member

« on: November 13, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »

Please tell me what you think!
Since I am rather new to improvising, suggestions would be really helpful. Smiley

* fantaisie impromptu improv.mp3 (7078.77 KB - downloaded 9 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
ted
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 10:33:17 PM »

There are some nice moments in this. However, had you not mentioned that it is based on Fantasie Impromptu I doubt I would have known. I am not particularly good at improvising on other people’s material so I hesitate to comment on that aspect. The only thing I can suggest is that with any music, including improvisation, it is often a good idea to include a contrasting section for the sake of maintaining interest. While not impossible, it has always seemed a lot harder to me to keep a sense of balance with just one idea.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"It's a caution, grandson !"  -  My grandmother's reaction to almost any issue of the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: