Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: I need a piano transcriber.  (Read 1819 times)

Offline musicioso

• PS Silver Member
I need a piano transcriber.
on: November 26, 2017, 09:13:03 PM
Hallo guys,

I need someone who could make sheet music from an audio of a piano piece. Of course i am gonna pay for it.
This is a lovely piece and i really want to play it. But i couldn’t get the sheet music because it doesnt exist.
I am not intending to play this piece for a public, or publish the sheet music. No, its just for me to learn this piece.
This is the music.

Offline dogperson

Re: I need a piano transcriber.
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 10:01:56 PM
 Have you considered contacting the composer and asking when he will publish the score?

Here is the link  which does state that more is coming soon

https://www.soerjadi.com/sheet-music

Offline themeandvariation

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 10:38:12 PM
A little understanding of chords could go a long way w decoding this..
Am Fmaj Dm  E7… mostly the white keys, except when on the e chord (g#).. there are a few other chords thrown in..(em …)
4'33"

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 01:25:22 AM
Perfect pitch when he does take a job like this has veru reasonable rates he usually charges i think a lot 50 to 70 dollars per each 30 seconds of music,  you can pm him and confirm his rate aft we he listens and watches the piece video you posted

Again hes.on throw end of what i have seen quotes elsewhere for similar,  and he.is really good,  so I'd recon approx 300 dollars for that piece if I recall.his old quotes properly

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 09:57:30 AM
Perfect pitch when he does take a job like this has veru reasonable rates he usually charges i think a lot 50 to 70 dollars per each 30 seconds of music,  you can pm him and confirm his rate aft we he listens and watches the piece video you posted

The problem is, that it is a piece of music that could get me in a lot of trouble in terms of Copyright reasons. Wibi Soerjadi is a very accomplished pianist, but it does seem like he is in the process of publishing his scores.

I don't quite charge that much when I transcribe/arrange (usually original works by people who wish them to be scored). AUD$70/min of audio. For a piece that's almost 3 mins long, it's probably just worth contacting the composer.

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 11:36:58 AM
It's certainly transcribe-able (the bit at 2.37 is probably the only really difficult bit, and I bet that's an alternating hand effect), but it's a fair bit of work to get right. If you have a decent ear, why don't you write out the harmonies aurally and then approximate the accompaniment? There aren't many different things going on. It would be a good exercise, but I suppose it's easier when you have perfect pitch ;)

Failing that, email his website.
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Offline musicioso

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 01:55:43 PM
Thank you all for your replies.

1 i tried to contact the composer, i did it many time in the pas 3 years, i never got a reply.
On his website he says there will be more sheets available soon, but that is from at least 3 years ago.

I am not going to publish the sheet, and i am not going to play it for an audience. Its just for myself.

Offline musicioso

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 01:59:31 PM
Thank you all for your replies.

1 i tried to contact the composer, i did it many time in the pas 3 years, i never got a reply.
On his website he says there will be more sheets available soon, but that is from at least 3 years ago.

I am not going to publish the sheet, and i am not going to play it for an audience. Its just for myself.

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 02:12:31 PM
It may be that the website is a bit dormant, or he doesn't answer emails or (more likely) his agent doesn't. You could try contacting him on twitter? Bit of a long shot.
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert