\"\"
Piano Forum logo

Poll

What is the best way (if there indeed is) to make a girl attracted to a guy through only piano playing?

Playing emotional pieces on the sad/melancholic/sweet size (Chopin Nocturnes, Schubert, etc.)
4 (36.4%)
Emotional pieces on the "high romantic"/intense side (Liszt, Chopin Heroic, Rachmaninov, etc.)
1 (9.1%)
Pieces on the "weird harmonic"/"ethereal" side (Middle or late Scriabin, Debussy, late Liszt, etc.)
1 (9.1%)
Showy virtuosic pieces (Bumblebee, Hungarian Rhapsodies, Alkan Etudes, etc.)
1 (9.1%)
The player's own arrangement of a familiar soundtrack/pop song
1 (9.1%)
Just play common popular music that allows them to sing along
1 (9.1%)
Actually, piano playing won't really make girls attracted to a guy
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

A way to attract girls through piano playing (Read 4209 times)

Offline pianoplunker

• PS Silver Member
Re: A way to attract girls through piano playing
«Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
1)  I am still waiting for dcstudio, who in the past had anything and everything derogatory to say about her ex-husband, to weigh in on this, and:

2)  If any of you ever has the guts to say to their piano teacher, mother, or father ("out loud" "looking them in the eye") the question posed by this so-called Poll, you let us all know about it.

3)  For someone like myself, who has been around rock and roll bands most of my adult life, the most common stated reason for participating in such was:  "to pick up chicks, and/or to get laid."  I never thought in ten lifetimes that I would read this garbage on a classical piano music website.

Classical pianists be gettin' down on the game - aint no surprise

Online klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 08:53:39 AM »
1)  I am still waiting for dcstudio, who in the past had anything and everything derogatory to say about her ex-husband, to weigh in on this, and:

2)  If any of you ever has the guts to say to their piano teacher, mother, or father ("out loud" "looking them in the eye") the question posed by this so-called Poll, you let us all know about it.

3)  For someone like myself, who has been around rock and roll bands most of my adult life, the most common stated reason for participating in such was:  "to pick up chicks, and/or to get laid."  I never thought in ten lifetimes that I would read this garbage on a classical piano music website.

I think you are being way too harsh and completely misreading the question. All I'm hearing is a young guy trying to figure out how the world works (particularly regarding interpersonal relationships) and hoping to get a little advice from people like him but who have a little more experience.

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #52 on: November 29, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »
1)  I am still waiting for dcstudio, who in the past had anything and everything derogatory to say about her ex-husband, to weigh in on this, and:

2)  If any of you ever has the guts to say to their piano teacher, mother, or father ("out loud" "looking them in the eye") the question posed by this so-called Poll, you let us all know about it.

3)  For someone like myself, who has been around rock and roll bands most of my adult life, the most common stated reason for participating in such was:  "to pick up chicks, and/or to get laid."  I never thought in ten lifetimes that I would read this garbage on a classical piano music website.

I am going to challenge you and see how valuable such an attempt will be!  >:(

When I was a teenager I developed an aversion to girls, true, because I had insecurities. I thought they automatically didn't like me and I would feel a strange mixture of aversion to them and masochism/self-pity towards myself whenever I didn't feel I got enough attention. But I don't think my post is "misogynistic" or "chauvinist".

Whatever your initial reaction is, I assure you misogyny or sexism was NOT my intent!

What in the world is derogatory about wanting to be with great girls?

>:(

Bah. Classical music! So what, huh! You think Liszt didn't play piano for girls? Mozart? Schumann?! Arthur Rubinstein?!!!

:o  :-\ >:(

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 10:59:35 AM »
>taking the mentally ill seriously

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »
>taking the mentally ill seriously

What is he? A schizophrenic? Psychotic? Neurotic?  >:(

I am still waiting to see if my cause is worth fighting for against this controversial Internet forum poster!  >:(

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #55 on: November 29, 2017, 11:02:56 AM »
And what about the massive historical backing of the concept of a serenade, huh?! The fact that it existed probably since the TIME OF CAVE MEN! Music is associated with love, with infatuation, with courtship! I'm pretty sure the chemicals produced in the mind that trigger these emotions are somehow common in both music and desire for women! (Not even perverse desires, just romantic ones!)

I wait for your retort. You think you can defeat me?  >:(

Offline dogperson

«Reply #56 on: November 29, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
 Why is anyone giving Louis the courtesy of a reply?   His posts on this forum Consist of advertising his video, Finding a troll in any new member, or putting others down by the questions they ask.  Laughably, he calls this a forum for Classical pianists  only But then elicits a reply from  DCStudio Who would classify herself as a jazz musician

Is the post misogynistic? No. While I support that being yourself is the best long-term strategy, I recognize that many 20 year olds Would ask the same question. Those of us that are far
 over 20 Often forget what it was like then and how insecure we felt.   In fact, I probably would’ve asked the same question at the age of 20 because I was hopelessly insecure and shy

Offline dogperson

«Reply #57 on: November 29, 2017, 11:22:37 AM »
What is he? A schizophrenic? Psychotic? Neurotic?  >:(

I am still waiting to see if my cause is worth fighting for against this controversial Internet forum poster!  >:(

Louis has announced publicly here many  times that he has Aspergers  syndrome.  I
have  suggested to him previously that he have his wife preview his posts before he hits the ‘post’ button, But this advice has been obviously ignored. 

Offline stevensk

«Reply #58 on: November 29, 2017, 12:45:40 PM »

3)  ...  I never thought in ten lifetimes that I would read this garbage on a classical piano music website.

-I agree

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #59 on: November 29, 2017, 01:11:18 PM »

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #60 on: November 29, 2017, 02:23:47 PM »

Louis has announced publicly here many  times that he has Aspergers  syndrome.  I
have  suggested to him previously that he have his wife preview his posts before he hits the ‘post’ button, But this advice has been obviously ignored. 

Oops...sorry, then. I was being way too angry.

Offline louispodesta

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #61 on: November 30, 2017, 12:24:57 AM »
["Please delete your very well thought-out post." Otherwise, you will be ridiculed/trolled for speaking the truth!"

I highly commend you for your honesty.  And, for the rest of you out there, this person is the exception regarding one of tens of thousands classical pianists who will not (unfortunately) soil themselves with this ("Fictitious") level of discourse.  Absent that, they would collectively "put you in your place."

That means the OP's post/thesis is nothing more than a non-reality fiction."]

Did you ever read the detailed post I was referring to which pointed out the fraud/non-reality of today's non-existing concertizing at the piano, solo or with orchestra?  No, you did not.

Well, that respondent will not die, nor will I.

For those who care, please demand that this particular (very detailed reply) be re-stated.

Offline louispodesta

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #62 on: November 30, 2017, 12:33:25 AM »
Please delete in its entirety my recent post.  I mistakenly meant it for the other OP relating to Concertizing at the Piano.  My sincerest apologies.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #63 on: November 30, 2017, 02:20:22 AM »
I wish that ed Palamar guy would join this thread lol

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #64 on: November 30, 2017, 02:39:28 AM »
I wish that ed Palamar guy would join this thread lol

bahleave in jaysus chryst and the femayles will come to
I'll treat you better than I treat my choir boys

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #65 on: November 30, 2017, 05:37:40 AM »
Please delete in its entirety my recent post.  I mistakenly meant it for the other OP relating to Concertizing at the Piano.  My sincerest apologies.

I don't think anyone will. You must edit it yourself. You cannot completely remove it, but you can replace you text with something more reasonable, a point for example.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #66 on: November 30, 2017, 12:06:16 PM »

bahleave in jaysus chryst and the femayles will come to
I'll treat you better than I treat my choir boys

Offline xdjuicebox

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #67 on: December 01, 2017, 09:33:37 AM »
I leave for a day and this happens?!!?

I don't think he intended anything misogynistic by his question - he just seems like he's trying to find his way you know

Honestly, my two cents would be just be unabashedly you, you know? You don't want someone falling for a "fake you." Just be you and don't give a *** what anyone else thinks.

But don't like "casually" be you. No, you gotta just BE YOU. Whatever you are. Just do that. HARDCORE.
Lolololol

I find that I have a lot more success just being the weird af person that I am, and a woman isn't "attracted to me," I guess she's just not for me.

Best of luck!
I am trying to become Franz Liszt. Trying. And failing.

Offline tenk

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #68 on: December 01, 2017, 10:41:37 PM »
I don't think anyone will. You must edit it yourself. You cannot completely remove it, but you can replace you text with something more reasonable, a point for example.

See bolded -- guaranteed to never happen in any Louis post!

Offline danielo

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #69 on: December 21, 2017, 05:25:18 PM »
Unfortunately piano skills alone won't cut it. You'll have to develop your social skills and confidence alongside. There'll come a point where you'll need to be able to talk to her!
Learning:

Rachmaninov Preludes Op10 1, 4 and 5
Chopin Ballade in G Minor
Chopin Etude Op10 No 2
Schubert Impromptu No 3

Offline ahinton

• PS Gold Member
«Reply #70 on: January 03, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »
It is said that the English pianist Ronald Smith (born 96 years ago on this very day) wooed his wife to be by playing to her. It obviously worked, even though what he played was the Allegro Barbaro from Alkan's 12 Études Op. 35...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive