Piano Forum

Topic: Paralellinterpretation Sergei Prokofiev Pianosonatas 1,7,8 Steinway-Bechstein  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
This is a little digital interpretation experiment inspired a bit by historical informed Performance to play music with "period" instruments. For Prokofiev (1891-1953) a Steinway buildt in 1951 seem to be still a "period-instrument" reflecting the Soundideal of the time when Prokoviev especially his late sonatas found their Audience. On the other hand a Bechstein in the 21th century meanwhile build in a long and venerable tradition of German Pianomanufacturing is still in so many Aspects developed that the Guys from Bechstein assurd me a Bechstein today is in many aspects something very different than what the Grandpianos have been 70 or 100 Years ago. Having excellent Samplesets of both (Steinway 1951 = Synthogy) (Bechstein D 282 = Bechstein-digital.com) inspired me therefor to try my little comparison experiment. So You will hear the same pieces in the following posts always in two different version. I hope you like both.
Let us start with the small and earrly very lateromantic first Sonata in one mvement:

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
This is the first Movement of Sonata Nr.7 oop83 Allegro inquieto in both versions

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
This is the second Movement of op.83 andante caloroso again in both versions:

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
And thhis is the third movement of op.83 Precipitato in both versions:

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Since it seems to be easier to upload I will present the two versions 8. Sonata seperatly lets start with the Steinway 1951 Version. Here is the long first movement Andante dolce:

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Here follows the second Movement Andante sognando and the third Movement Vivace of the Steinway 1951 Version:

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Now this is the first Movement of op.84 Andante dolce in the modern Bechstein Version:

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
And now lets complete with the second (Andante sognando) and third (Vivace) Movement of op.84 in the modern Bechstein version:
I hope you like it
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert