Piano Forum

Topic: Introduction  (Read 1455 times)

Offline crashtest

• PS Silver Member
Introduction
on: January 18, 2005, 10:02:43 PM
Hey everyone, I am crashtest from pianoworld, and I thought I'd drop by here and post as I always read this forum as well.

I am a piano major in college, and I also compose, below are two of my pieces that I recently performed at school, from my piano suite. Thanks!

https://uhaweb.hartford.edu/ttrevisan/crashtest-3.mp3

https://uhaweb.hartford.edu/ttrevisan/crashtest.mp3

Offline crashtest

• PS Silver Member
Re: Introduction
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 11:09:06 PM
The first file is about 18mb or so, if anyone thinks that is too much, I can probably reduce the file size a bit.

8)

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Re: Introduction
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 05:27:21 AM
Hey good to see someone offering their music here!

I had to listen to crashtest3 a few times. I am assuming this is partly an improvisation? These are the time intervals I liked;

3:35-4:00 calm movement is nice. I think it would have been nice to hear the voice in the middle developed. The  Eb (in the middle of the keyboard) repeated note forms the voice i feel, moving from there would have been beautiful to listen to after 3:55 onward develop it not just float away chromatically.

5:40-6:10 The trill is nice effect to make thigns sound light. the GbEbGb to AbDbAb chord in the upper range is nice, but it would be good to hear some few more notes fill in the change.

the faster louder movements, sound to me more like patterns running up and down so i dont have much opinion on it. There doesnt seem to me to be a focus in those parts, i just listen to the sound but i would never be able to hum it back to u :)
Hope your hands dont break smashing the piano like that ahaha, good work!
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert