Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Fur Elise last measure  (Read 2548 times)

Offline renie

• PS Silver Member
Fur Elise last measure
on: February 13, 2018, 12:27:02 AM
I have 2 Alfred piano method books with Fur Elise.  An older book shows the RH in the last measure playing one 8th note A.  The Alfred mastering the Piano shows RH playing Middle C and A together (6th notes).   My students Casio (free) piano book also shows C and A played together in the last measure.  Does anyone have an Urtext version or know which is correct?  Thanks.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fur Elise last measure
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:45:19 AM
You may be able to get a free Urtext version of this here at Pianostreet.  3 free downloads for new members?  Sorry of this doesn't help.  Others may know the answer to your question.

Offline ryoutak

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 05:06:37 AM
I have 2 Alfred piano method books with Fur Elise.  An older book shows the RH in the last measure playing one 8th note A.  The Alfred mastering the Piano shows RH playing Middle C and A together (6th notes).   My students Casio (free) piano book also shows C and A played together in the last measure.  Does anyone have an Urtext version or know which is correct?  Thanks.

The copy of Fur Elise that I have is only note A for right hand. I got it from forelise.com

Offline dogperson

Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:42:14 AM
I would Suggest that you look at the earlier arrangements found on IMSLP.com   This is my “go to “ site to check edition differences

Offline dw4rn

• PS Gold Member
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 08:55:34 AM
The urtext editions I have consulted have the A only. The C could be a later addition to underline the minor mode.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert