Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Tatiana Nikolayeva  (Read 2418 times)

Offline artlin02

• PS Silver Member
Tatiana Nikolayeva
on: March 05, 2018, 06:09:56 AM
Hi! Does anybody know where I can find the sheet music for Tatiana Nikolayeva’s (pianist and composer) concerto no. 1? I’ve been looking for it but can’t find it anywhere, so please tell me if you know where I can get it. 🙂

Offline dogperson

Re: Tatiana Nikolayeva
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 07:55:49 AM

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 12:03:33 PM
It is available for purchase here

https://www.pianorarescores.com/archive/tatiana-nikolayeva-piano-sheet-music/

hi dogperson thanks I'm all about supportinglegitimate business and sellers that do things ethically and right , but that particular site is an unsavory sort of re-seller operation.

I think it's about time for the obligatory truth about that side, the troll that runs it takes scores freely available or in some cases foundations with rights to them or library or archives etc  elsewhere or made available by others and flips and sells them,  even when the score is quoted at considerable time and expense , and all the wishes are, that it be and remain available via the original source host.i have had more rare scores than I care to count of mine take and up sold there , even when I have made. available for free myself , same w some other members here too.
ugh i.get sick just thinking about that site again.

i would have somewhat less of a bad taste in my mouth if real value were being provided, that is, taking old sometimes not great quality images, re typsetting them in finale/scorch, etc, making them modern and easier to read, printed on good quality paper with dark clear print, binding (sewn, spiral, glue etc), and selling an actual usable score....but no, it's just flipped/scalped pdf files, not scores...

A search on here and other forums will show how unsavory the character running that site is and can be. I'm going to throw this one up here for a bit.
here , attached, free.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 12:06:25 PM
Let me make a few points about this site so that hopefully people will avoid it.

1. It is run by a nasty piece of work called Marcel Mombeek ( i am reasonably certain of this) who is notorious in the sheet music world for trawling sites like pianophilia and gamingforce and downloading sheets for nothing. This vile dweeb then tries to sell other peoples work for absurd prices. He has even tried to sell digital scores made available by the University of Rochester.

2. I have never got any scores from him, but he has in the past tried to sell scores that i have scanned. Why would i use him when my own library extends to 179,000 scores.

3. I absolutely assure you that he has nothing that cannot be obtained via other sources for FREE.

4. He has even tried selling Sorabji scores and if memory serves, AH had trouble in getting him to stop.

5. There is no need to use him or other E Bay tossers trying to sell digital scores.

DO NOT USE IT, EVERYTHING CAN BE OBTAINED FOR FREE.

End of sermon.

Thal

I checked some of the pages last night, out of curiosity.

The Horowitz page bears a remarkable resemblance to the list of scores that were formerly available on a Japanese site (I won't mention the collector's name, I'm sure you know who I mean).

Marcel Mombeek is well known for his devotion to Cziffra, so I checked that page also. Verdi-Cziffra Il Trovatore ??? I thought that was an improvisation and that there is no score extant. Again, the scores listing bears a remarkable similarity to what has been published by the Fondation Cziffra. Incidentally, Mombeek was even offering recordings of Koji's for sale at one point.

And, in case it's not obvious: whoever is running this site is selling PDFs, not scores!

I do wonder: when you get the PDFs, will they come complete with stamped markings saying eg "Univiersity of Indiana Library" and someone's fingerings written over them  ;) or have they tidied them up?

I have had my own posts in past about the site too

Offline dogperson

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 01:29:15 PM
Then, can you guys offer an alternative source for this score? Maybe I missed it somewhere

Offline artlin02

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 09:33:31 PM
? So where can i find it then? :(

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 10:58:22 PM
Visitor seems to have temporarily posted it as an attachment.

I had a quick look around the pianorarescores site: the Horowitz page has a very suspicious correlation to the scores available on the "secret" Horowitz site (eg the various different written out Carmen fantasies), and the Cziffra samples are blatantly scans of the Edition Peters sheets (right down to the problems with book 2). Looks like someone has raided pianophilia et al..
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 01:37:24 PM
Visitor seems to have temporarily posted it as an attachment.

I had a quick look around the pianorarescores site: the Horowitz page has a very suspicious correlation to the scores available on the "secret" Horowitz site (eg the various different written out Carmen fantasies), and the Cziffra samples are blatantly scans of the Edition Peters sheets (right down to the problems with book 2). Looks like someone has raided pianophilia et al..
+1
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert