Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: More on Chopin's Waltz in e minor  (Read 1261 times)

Offline richardb

• PS Silver Member
More on Chopin's Waltz in e minor
on: May 08, 2018, 10:03:55 PM
So I bought the Schirmer "Complete Preludes, Nocturnes, and Waltzes" book because it was cheap, and I thought it was a good value. For this piece, in measures 74 and 76, my score shows the RH chord A#C#G#, but in other scores, the Henle one, e.g., it shows B#D#G#.  The Henle is probably more accurate, right? Henle seems to be highly regarded here, and Schirmer not looked upon too favorably.  Would you agree?

Offline andrewuk

• PS Silver Member
Re: More on Chopin's Waltz in e minor
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:41:57 AM
You could have a look at the Online Chopin Variorum Edition, which lets you compare various editions of Chopin's works, which can vary a lot: for example there's an initial proof of the E minor waltz which has a G# minor chord in bars 74 and 76.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert