Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: [Video] Liszt/Horowitz - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 | C. Bechstein  (Read 2066 times)

Offline lafo

• PS Silver Member
Hi guys! Just learned this insane piece haha :) i really like this arrangement by Horowitz and I am looking for your feedback since I wanna improve it as much as i can :) Best wishes!

Offline xdjuicebox

• PS Silver Member
My goodness me

GOOD YOB. :O
I am trying to become Franz Liszt. Trying. And failing.

Offline lafo

• PS Silver Member

Offline furiouzpianist

• PS Silver Member
this is as stunning as I thought it would be....

how long have you worked on this?

Offline pianoville

Great job as always! Did you really just learn this? Your playing is very musical and very virtuosic, which is exactly what this piece needs. I have a few suggestions though. Keep in mind this is only my opinion. I feel that in the Friska section I think you need a little bit more gusto in your playing. Also, the introduction. Why do you cut of the chords so early? They should sound like an answer to the previous statements, and I felt like that you didn't really do them justice. There are a few more things to be said, but I think it is better that you solve these problems by yourself. Good job!
"Perfection itself is imperfection." - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Also, the introduction. Why do you cut of the chords so early? They should sound like an answer to the previous statements, and I felt like that you didn't really do them justice.

It's called preferences. When analyzing and critiquing someone else's performances, you should distinguish between your own preferences and actual objective faults in a performance. Lafo loves abrupt interruptions to dramatic statements, it's all over his performances; and it works quite well throughout the entire Hungarian Rhapsody video too.

Offline pianoville

It's called preferences. When analyzing and critiquing someone else's performances, you should distinguish between your own preferences and actual objective faults in a performance. Lafo loves abrupt interruptions to dramatic statements, it's all over his performances; and it works quite well throughout the entire Hungarian Rhapsody video too.

I am sorry for not clarifying that it was only my opinion, but is it really necessary to be such a smartass about it?
"Perfection itself is imperfection." - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
I am sorry for not clarifying that it was only my opinion, but is it really necessary to be such a smartass about it?

T R I G G E R E D

LMAO

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
nice playing op.

Offline adodd81802

• PS Silver Member

Shots Fired.
"England is a country of pianos, they are everywhere."

Offline lafo

• PS Silver Member
this is as stunning as I thought it would be....

how long have you worked on this?

Thanks!! :)) I have worked on it 4 months - 1 hour per day :D

Great job as always! Did you really just learn this? Your playing is very musical and very virtuosic, which is exactly what this piece needs. I have a few suggestions though. Keep in mind this is only my opinion. I feel that in the Friska section I think you need a little bit more gusto in your playing. Also, the introduction. Why do you cut of the chords so early? They should sound like an answer to the previous statements, and I felt like that you didn't really do them justice. There are a few more things to be said, but I think it is better that you solve these problems by yourself. Good job!

Thanks man! :) I just learend it yeah.. took me 4 months lol :dd Still some parts i felt uncomfortable :D

For the chords cutting in the intro.. i wanted the whole thing to sound like an orchestra.. thats why i decided to cut them like this :d Next time I will a little bit longer :) Horowitz also cuts them a bit..not so much like me tho :d I will try for th Friska as well.. still i think i need to feel more comfortable to be really free.. this recording i was "hope i`ll play it" :D thanks again!

nice playing op.

Thank you very much! :)

T R I G G E R E D

LMAO

Keep it cool guys :) No one was disrespectful or anything.. so let`s be friends haha :D

Offline furiouzpianist

• PS Silver Member
Holy sh*t you learn quick

Offline lafo

• PS Silver Member
Holy sh*t you learn quick

Not as fast as i would love too :Dd
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert