Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Adele Marcus: Mechanics of an Advanced Piano Technique  (Read 1650 times)

Offline mike_lang

• PS Silver Member
Hello, all -

I'm looking for an article from an old issue of Clavier magazine, called "Mechanics of Advanced Piano Technique" and written, I believe, by Adele Marcus.

Can anyone help me track down a copy?

Many thanks,
Mike L

Offline maxim3

• PS Silver Member
Re: Adele Marcus: Mechanics of an Advanced Piano Technique
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 09:46:49 PM
I had a quick look around the web and failed to find this article. But you should be able to arrange for some kind of interlibrary loan:

https://www.worldcat.org

Marcus, Adele. 1972. “Mechanics of Advanced Technique.” Clavier, Vol. XI, No. 6 (September): 14-23.

If you are very lucky, it may be on shelf at a nearby university. Nowadays all you have to do is chat with live online library help during business hours and ask them to find what you want.

Offline mike_lang

• PS Silver Member
Re: Adele Marcus: Mechanics of an Advanced Piano Technique
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 12:25:56 AM
Thanks! I did see this, however my hope is really that someone has a copy and might be willing to email it to me. A former professor of mine teaching out in Aspen at the moment asked me if I had it and I was hoping to send her a PDF.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert