Piano Forum

The End of an Era: Keith Jarrett's Return to his Roots
Keith Jarrett, one of the greatest musicians and profilistic pianists of our time, has recently announced that he will no longer be able to hold up his career as a performer. Now 75, he suffered a pair of draining strokes two years ago that left his left side paralyzed and resulting in an unability to play the piano. The recently released "Budapest Concert" - a return to his grandparents' native country Hungary - is likely one of Jarrett's final recorded public solo piano recitals. Read more >>

Topic: Can I learn "La campanella" within 6 month or a year?  (Read 7587 times)

Offline attempt3

• PS Silver Member
Re: Can I learn "La campanella" within 6 month or a year?
Reply #50 on: March 25, 2020, 02:47:06 AM
stylerpiano I'm not a troll, I'm sincerely learning this piece. I've took the advice and tried something else and fiddled around for a bit. I played Turkish March, this piece is really easy compared to La campanella but that doesn't mean i can play everything in this piece. I still don't want to give up on La Campanella. I bet lots of people are frustrated because of me being stubborn and not building my technique up. So does that mean i can't achieve playing Campanella? I've got discouragement and encouragements but mostly discouragements. But I thank the people gave me hope, even though i still wont be able to play this piece in a year. But its not like ill give up after a year. I understand if use the wrong technique I will cause injury. So I'm fixing my techniques and studying how to play from different pianist. I'm not stretching my fingers at all its just my wrist gets tense.