Piano Forum

Topic: Positive Stories from lessons  (Read 1380 times)

Offline ChristmasCarol

• PS Silver Member
Positive Stories from lessons
on: January 27, 2005, 02:06:58 PM
We all tend to use this forum to discuss problems.  I'd love to hear from you some really cool moment you experienced in recent lessons.  I'll go first.  Yesterday I started a six year old boy.  No musicians in house.  He figured out Ode to Joy,  the first few notes of Fur Elise, Mary Had a LIttle Lamb in F Sharp, and had a little 8 note piece he composed.  So I said to this adorable little toot, "You have a piano up here, and I pointed to my forehead, and I'll teach you how to make your fingers play what's up here."  He very quietly said to me, "I have a piano in my heart".  Melted me on the spot.

Offline whynot

• PS Silver Member
Re: Positive Stories from lessons
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 03:09:49 AM
Well, that should elicit tears all over the world, including at my house.   I did have a pretty cute little girl a while back who also came to me playing very well by ear.  I've always done so, too, but I don't know how to explain how I do it, and I wanted to see if she could put it into words.  So I asked her how she knew what notes to play.  She said, "Well, I think about how it sounds, and then I play it."  Indeed.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert