Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: [VIDEO] Chopin Sonata no. 3 1st movement  (Read 1069 times)

Offline chrismaninoff

• PS Silver Member
[VIDEO] Chopin Sonata no. 3 1st movement
on: April 11, 2020, 02:47:03 PM
Hi all,

This is a piece I recorded for my grad school auditions recently.  I recorded it several times, and though this wasn't the cleanest take, I think that it's the best one musically, so I used it.  Let me know any comments you have :)  Looking for feedback of any kind. 

Accompanist and private piano teacher, poetry hobbyist, aspiring gourmet porridge chef.

www.christopherknopppianist.com

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: [VIDEO] Chopin Sonata no. 3 1st movement
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 06:56:12 AM
Hope you get in.  This is excellent!

If there is anything, I was wanting to hear a bit more shaping in the chordal melody of the opening section.  It is a minor thing though.

I would like to hear what you do with the rest of the Sonata.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline chrismaninoff

• PS Silver Member
Re: [VIDEO] Chopin Sonata no. 3 1st movement
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 08:29:58 PM
Thanks Quantum!  I did get in in the end, so thanks for the good wishes :D

You hit the nail on the head with that comment I think--played this for Jon Kimura Parker recently as well as a prof from Sibelius Academy, and they both pointed to the same thing xD. I guess it's time to fix that!

I did record the second and third movements, but lost the 2nd sadly... however I have the 3rd movement.  Perhaps I'll start a thread for that one also.  Thanks for the tip!
Accompanist and private piano teacher, poetry hobbyist, aspiring gourmet porridge chef.

www.christopherknopppianist.com

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert