Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: [VIDEO] Chopin Sonata no. 3 1st movement  (Read 1094 times)

Offline chrismaninoff

• PS Silver Member
[VIDEO] Chopin Sonata no. 3 1st movement
on: April 11, 2020, 02:47:03 PM
Hi all,

This is a piece I recorded for my grad school auditions recently.  I recorded it several times, and though this wasn't the cleanest take, I think that it's the best one musically, so I used it.  Let me know any comments you have :)  Looking for feedback of any kind. 

Accompanist and private piano teacher, poetry hobbyist, aspiring gourmet porridge chef.

www.christopherknopppianist.com

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: [VIDEO] Chopin Sonata no. 3 1st movement
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 06:56:12 AM
Hope you get in.  This is excellent!

If there is anything, I was wanting to hear a bit more shaping in the chordal melody of the opening section.  It is a minor thing though.

I would like to hear what you do with the rest of the Sonata.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline chrismaninoff

• PS Silver Member
Re: [VIDEO] Chopin Sonata no. 3 1st movement
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 08:29:58 PM
Thanks Quantum!  I did get in in the end, so thanks for the good wishes :D

You hit the nail on the head with that comment I think--played this for Jon Kimura Parker recently as well as a prof from Sibelius Academy, and they both pointed to the same thing xD. I guess it's time to fix that!

I did record the second and third movements, but lost the 2nd sadly... however I have the 3rd movement.  Perhaps I'll start a thread for that one also.  Thanks for the tip!
Accompanist and private piano teacher, poetry hobbyist, aspiring gourmet porridge chef.

www.christopherknopppianist.com

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert