Piano Forum

The ABRSM 2025 & 2026 – Expanding the Musical Horizon
The highly anticipated biennial releases of the ABRSM’s new syllabus publications are a significant event in the world of piano education, regardless of whether one chooses to participate in or teach the graded exams. Read more >>

Topic: memorising?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline JHawk

• PS Silver Member
memorising?
on: January 29, 2005, 01:22:28 PM
I was wondering the what the best method is for memorising, I havnt been able to memorise any music well even after hours of practising, anyone got any ideas?

Bagpipe

Offline JHawk

• PS Silver Member
Re: memorising?
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 05:13:02 PM
Why

Offline mound

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 05:29:29 PM
there are many threads throughout this forum dedicated to this topic, just do a search!

-paul

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 05:49:29 PM
Here's a really great thread on this subject:

https://pianoforum.net/smf/index.php/topic,2083.msg17227.html#msg17227
(replies #1 and #12)

:)
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Dikai

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 06:55:14 PM
i used to play a lot then the music just kinda got burned into the fingers, i myself didn't exactly memorize the music, but my fingers definitely did...

not recommended tho, because in a concert, there were several times when my fingers betray me, since there's not much music in my head, when my fingers refused to play, there wasn't much i could do... couldn't break my fingers either, they're MINE, after all....

but after i got to university, (i'm not in music), with less time spent with the piano, i seem to have lost the ability to memorize any music in any way... sad... stupid school.... i'm at my final year now, with the ability decaying exponentially, it's non-existant now.... <cry>...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert