Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Haydn Sonatas  (Read 1045 times)

Offline charles coop

• PS Silver Member
Haydn Sonatas
on: June 09, 2020, 04:17:02 PM
Hi everyone! I'm knew here and I was wondering whether anyone could give me some advice about the most interesting Haydn sonatas to learn. I've currently 17, and I've been studying piano at a music university since two years through a special programm, and I'll be definitely studying it professionnally starting September.
I've played A-flat major (Hob XVI no 46) which I've performed a few times, and also one movement of D major (Hob XVI) when I was a kid. I've also fiddled around with the E minor sonata.
Any suggestions as to which sonatas are the most interesting/your favorites?
Thanks!

Offline musikalischer_wirbelwind_280

• PS Silver Member
Re: Haydn Sonatas
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 06:44:41 AM
By no means a complete list, but you could check these out: 1, 5, 10, 15, 21, 36, 37, 50 and 51.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert