Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Some thoughts on practicing...  (Read 1663 times)

Offline jlh

• PS Silver Member
Some thoughts on practicing...
on: January 30, 2005, 09:47:29 AM
I recently found an article that my teacher wrote and gave me a few years ago while I was still in high school, and while reading through it, I realized all over again how much of an impact she had on my music life.  I re-typed it so you all could benefit from it.

Click on the link:

https://www.arcticvisionentertainment.com/josh/somethoughtsonpracticing.pdf
. ROFL : ROFL:LOL:ROFL : ROFL '
                 ___/\___
  L   ______/             \
LOL "”””””””\         [ ] \
  L              \_________)
                 ___I___I___/

Offline betricia

• PS Silver Member
Re: Some thoughts on practicing...
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:09:13 AM
Thanks Jlh
I have printed out the Jane Allen page on practising.  I am grateful to you and to all who have responded and been so helpful.  It is a terrific forum and I am learning a lot just by reading the posts.  there are so many though that it is easy to miss something and so it is great to be pointed in the right direction.  Thanks again.
 :D

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert