Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Trying to find info on a piano  (Read 457 times)

Offline dcrosby907

• PS Silver Member
Trying to find info on a piano
on: January 26, 2021, 01:24:39 AM
My son plays very well, he has a nice Yamaha keyboard but I found an old piano.  I know it was a gamble but it looks to be in decent shape.  I made sure all the keys are working properly and it looks like all the strings and parts and functioning.  Its very much out of tune and needs some tlc.  I'm just trying to identify the piano so I can at least know what I'm looking at before I call someone to look ,at it. I kn w its an older,  upright, columbia.  Other than that all I can find is a wooden stamp on top left under the cover that says 32400.  If anyone has so tips, or info I would much appreciate it.

Offline dw4rn

• PS Gold Member
Re: Trying to find info on a piano
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 08:01:59 AM
Why do you need to "identify" the piano? Is it a brand name you're after? I would think that if you try to find a really good piano technician, they'll be able to tell you if it's worthwhile to try and get it in better shape - and if there is anything else to know about it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your son will get lots of happy moments with that piano :)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert