Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Best digital piano I can afford for 900€?  (Read 776 times)

Offline fergant

• PS Silver Member
Best digital piano I can afford for 900€?
on: February 03, 2021, 10:32:22 AM
Hi everyone,I'm a completely beginner(never touched a piano before) and I was looking for the best digital pianos online and I always bump into the same 4 pianos,just can't decide which one to get between these:
-Roland fp10/30
-casio px s1000/3000
-yamaha 125
-Kawai ES110
Someone told me to try these pianos in a music store but I can't move that far for the covid.
If you are thinking about a model I didn't list feel free to add up. Also would be nice to have a portable one but is not necessary. Thanks everyone!

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Re: Best digital piano I can afford for 900€?
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 11:38:27 AM
Kawai has recently released the ES520 and ES920. The store prices will typically be less than the MSRP, and they sound better than the ES110. You might be able to get one in your price range.

Offline fergant

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:54:33 AM
I checked the price in my country(italy) and couldn't find a store that sells the ES520 for less than 1100 €  ::) guess prices in Italy are higher than usual... Any other suggestion? I see a lot of people reccomend the fp10/30,is it better than the kawai and yamaha for that price range?

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 12:00:13 PM
Yamaha has considerably better sound quality than FP10. FP30 might be better, or so I've heard. I've heard that the Kawai is also nice. I don't really think the Roland FP10 is worth it unless you're planning to use a VST and speakers honestly, when compared with the alternatives.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert