Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Tripod floor stands  (Read 540 times)

Offline zebra555

• PS Silver Member
Tripod floor stands
on: April 15, 2021, 09:17:02 AM
Can anyone recommend a good tripod floor stand to use with an iPad or iPhone for online lessons? My searches on the internet seem to bring up either very expensive ones or ones with poor reviews.
My apologies in advance if this is something that’s been discussed many times before in this forum - I couldn’t find anything relevant and recent but I may have missed something.
Thank you.

Offline volcanoadam

• PS Silver Member
Re: Tripod floor stands
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 01:36:02 PM
I use a standard camera tripod with a phone attachment, like that one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobile-Phone-Camera-Bracket-holder-tripod-Stand-Clip-Mount-for-iPhone-6-6-Plus/181776431204
That arrangement is more than appropriate and I only had to buy the bracket because I had the tripod unused for years.
VA

Offline zebra555

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 08:56:59 PM
Thanks for the advice. Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable tripod?

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 09:42:42 PM
For some reasons good quality tripods tend to be expensive even though I don't understand why. It's just a bunch of metal screwed together yo.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert