Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Schumann "In der Nacht" from Fantasiestucke op. 12  (Read 1166 times)

Offline virtuoso735

• PS Silver Member
Hello all, I am an adult amateur pianist who returned to the piano about a year ago after several year's absence. I've been working on this piece from Schumann's Fantasiestucke op. 12 for about 10 weeks now. It generally feels comfortable under the fingers and is played from memory, but I definitely still need to work on it technically and especially musically. This was recorded on my Yamaha N1x hybrid piano with Garritan CFX lite default settings, done in one take. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Offline dw4rn

• PS Gold Member
Re: Schumann "In der Nacht" from Fantasiestucke op. 12
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 10:28:07 AM
Good job! Always nice to hear about people returning to the piano after years of absence.

I think you are playing this really well. One problem I would like to point out though occurs in the middle section, where the top notes of the accompaniment (played by the 2nd or 3rd finger of the RH) are too loud and interfere too much with the melody. I think this is something you can fix pretty easily. 

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert