Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Rare recording of Cortot playing Beethoven's first piano Concerto  (Read 1148 times)

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Here's a rare recording I recently found in its entirety on YouTube - Cortot playing Beethoven's first piano Concerto! I feel this concerto is not heard as often as the others but it's quite wonderful and he does some interesting things with it:

Enjoy!

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
I love.these kinds of posts to remind us of uncommon and exceptional performances
Here is a rare excellent one
Kaplan plays Arensky no 2
I have a few others been meaning to get on here for more deserved attention

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member

I have a few others been meaning to get on here for more deserved attention

Go for it! I haven't heard this Arensky concerto before, it sounds kinda Chopinesque in places I think?

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Go for it! I haven't heard this Arensky concerto before, it sounds kinda Chopinesque in places I think?
Arensky is underrated as heck!

Ok here's a gem , it's slap yo mamma level good , wowser

Offline harold d. shores iii

• PS Silver Member
Cortot is an absolute monster.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert