Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Interludes to Debussy's Preludes- anyone heard of them?  (Read 1205 times)

Offline thorn

• PS Silver Member
I went to a recital a few years ago where the pianist played Debussy's Preludes with newly composed intermissions- the first combined influences from Preludes 1/2, the second from 2/3 and so on. I've lost the program so I don't have the name of the pianist/composer/any of the piece titles to search online :'( 

Can anyone help?

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Re: Interludes to Debussy's Preludes- anyone heard of them?
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 11:39:04 PM
Never heard of them. Sounds like an interesting idea. Let us know if you find them!

Offline felixblumenfeld

• PS Silver Member

Offline thorn

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 10:20:26 PM
I found the pieces (listed at the bottom for those who don't read French)
https://www.revuepiano.com/articles/articles.php?idarticle=2572&fajax=ajax_article_timeline.htm

Seems the pianist commissioned them from various composers; some of them easier to track down than others- here is the first (played between Bk.2/1 and 2/2):

The Stephen Goss pieces also sound interesting though, I'm definitely going to give them a listen!

Offline fftransform

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 09:48:44 PM
Those are a lot of the top composers from France of the last 50 years, very serious stuff.  Would also love to hear them; have they been recorded?

Offline thorn

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 09:28:49 PM
I managed to find a recording of the Book 2 concert, but still searching for the Book 1...

https://pad.philharmoniedeparis.fr/doc/CIMU/1073563

Offline fftransform

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 05:47:23 PM
I managed to find a recording of the Book 2 concert, but still searching for the Book 1...

https://pad.philharmoniedeparis.fr/doc/CIMU/1073563

Thanks!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert