Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Fingering for parallel thirds with repeated note  (Read 1105 times)

Offline scottpilgrim

• PS Silver Member
Fingering for parallel thirds with repeated note
on: August 07, 2021, 04:09:56 AM
What's the best way to do parallel thirds that jump a third such that one more is repeated (i.e. the opening few bars of the left hand of Beethoven Sonata 19 in G minor op. 49 no. 1)? Do I repeat the 3 on the repeated note or do I do something else?

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fingering for parallel thirds with repeated note
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 05:18:22 PM
In that sonata I just repeat the 3rd finger. There may be other situations where you may do something like 53 42 or 31 42, but it all depends on the context. Do you have any moe examples of where you ae uncertain about the fingering?

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert