Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Original Variations on an OST from RuneScape  (Read 385 times)

Offline medtnerfan

• PS Silver Member
Original Variations on an OST from RuneScape
on: November 15, 2021, 06:52:59 PM
Here’s a set of theme & variations I composed on the track "Harmony" from the game, RuneScape.
I hope you all enjoy it. Any Feedback is welcome

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Re: Original Variations on an OST from RuneScape
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 11:25:09 AM
I think the composition is fantastic! I loved it. Looks really tricky to play and I can tell you are struggling a bit. It sounds a bit uneven in places and like you don't have the control you want, but I can sort of tell what the music could sound like anyways. Maybe you can find someone to record it for you? I think this music is so good it deserves to be showcased in the best light :)

Offline medtnerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 02:55:52 PM
Yeah it was a struggle, I ended up making it harder than my skill level. I've been working on it a long time so I figured I should record it even if it's not close to perfect. I might come back to it in the near future when I'm a better pianist though, as I'm pretty happy how the composition turned out.
Thanks for the feedback!

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 10:47:41 AM
Awesome piece! Can I find a PDF somewhere if I want to try my hand at it?  :D

Offline medtnerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 08:08:42 PM
Here you go lelle, the piece is kind of awkward in many places so watch out, haha.

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 10:39:08 PM
Awesome, thanks! I wanted to see for myself if it feels as tricky as it looks, haha! Wish me luck  ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert