Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Piece - Help Please  (Read 1349 times)

Offline kony

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Piece - Help Please
on: December 02, 2021, 11:09:48 AM
So I was watching the Chopin Competition from last month, and one piece that I hadn't heard before really stuck out at me as quite a few contestants played it. I really liked a passage from it but when I tried to find it again later, I couldn't figure it out at all. Here are what I remember:

- It was not a nocturne, waltz, mazurka, etude, polonaise, concerto, scherzo, impromptu, or ballade.
- It was quite long, something like the first movement of the B minor sonata, but it is not the B minor sonata.
- The passage itself comes in towards 3/4 of the way through, with very Polish vibes, is quite declamatory in the melody (with longer notes especially in the first few notes). I would describe it as longing for Poland and capturing the mythos of the people.
Frédéric Chopin:
- Top pieces & piano scores to download
- Biography & quotes
- Related forum topics & articles

Offline andrewuk

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Piece - Help Please
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 12:26:05 PM
Just a wild guess, but maybe the Barcarolle?

Offline kony

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 10:16:55 PM
Not the Barcarolle.

Offline kony

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 10:22:57 PM
Ah I found it, it turned out to be a Scherzo.

at 18:58
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert