Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: I hate transcriprions (~‾▿‾)~only it's visitor reading a Rachmaninoff symphony  (Read 297 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Not really lol like etude post
No where near nor should be thought of as a UL we usually see on here , this is in fulfillment of a assignment for my teacher for a grade in lieu of a Jury and to make up for a missed recital performance of other works I couldn't do due to scheduling
 This piece obviously early and WIP
It's a looking forward as it just wasn't the focus this term and more of a hit it if there's time so we start January w lots of fundamentals in place so we can clean and memorize etc to performance probably by late March (ideally) to late April or so

Also to mimick performance nerves I have to be on mentally on the hook for the recording , yes recording can give some performance practice but telling yourself you'll post or have others view it no matter what makes it even more pressure and makes the recording better representative of a performance practice this early

This is a piece I wanted to work for many years but needed to have right stuff in place technically and  feel I'd have the tools and access to instruction w an artist to help with details to make it special

Transcriptions of this type of workm are tough for me , it's symphonic so although it's a shadow of it's original ,there are still lots of lines and polyphony to manage and tough voice shifting and texture

Honestly it's the above that had me out several symphony works on hold to learn becuase of lack of experience seriously working them before but movement to this has been the goal past couple years

This is probably theost beautiful thing Rachmaninoff wrote for non piano , lofty opinion but shared by many (ie search concert program notes for it online )
Symphony no 2, mov 3 , the indescribably gorgeous adagio (less common for a third mov)
This transcript is by Nao Kukiyama
There's not too many options out there for this piece as published (some very good pianist ones for festivals etc out there )

Goal here past couple months as get the basics of the notes underneath me (within reason as now it will become a full on assignment) page turns are a disaster as well as mental flubs from under tempo making it a much longer piece than needs to be from an endurance and focus side, also practice room so instrument background noise from others messes w me since this piece has lines that don't stop lots of delayed cadences etc

Anyhoot if you're still reading I appreciate your time while I humble myself and in a time of chasing digital perfect w take after take for uploads to the tube , here's my very human very not perfect early. Read thru for my class grade prep for next semester

Very humbly
visitor