Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: {video} Rachmaninoff Symphony 2 mov III wip  (Read 350 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
{video} Rachmaninoff Symphony 2 mov III wip
on: December 24, 2021, 06:42:40 AM
The [practice] chronicles of visitor....

Part of an ongoing commitment to myself to keep me accountable in moving this piece along  and to completion (eventually).
It's of course wip but goal imroved even if only a little and even if not dramatically so bit all the better if so.

Any way here goes I think I'll hit a bigger benchmark and turn this thing over faster once I have it securely memorized ,that cannot happen soon enough and again it's mainly so In the month or so I don't see my teacher till tentatively January (hoping ) so she can see I'm still chip chip chipping  away at this bear of a transcription/arrangement.

Pardon to the tuning, I like this old Steinway's action  and feel of regulation/touch, and it has a pretty tone when it needs to but the tuning is spicy  for sure

Shot this after work as a quick unpracticed read thru which is best way to a accurately guage  status vs spending an hour working on rough spots then shooting multi takes , that kind of video doesn't really help me right.  :-)

Either way gorgeous piece it's one of my favorite he wrote and in the symphonic lit but hot dang has this been tough for me not hard In a flashy virtuoso fireworks sort of way but I have the same frustration I get w some Bach pieces and  late Brahms  type stuff