Piano Forum

Poems of Ecstasy – Scriabin’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
The great early 20th-century composer Alexander Scriabin left us 74 published opuses, and several unpublished manuscripts, mainly from his teenage years – when he would never go to bed without first putting a copy of Chopin’s music under his pillow. All of these scores (220 pieces in total) can now be found on Piano Street’s Scriabin page. Read more >>

Topic: Brian Ganz - an excellent Chopin performer  (Read 853 times)

Offline thesixthsensemusic

• PS Silver Member
Brian Ganz - an excellent Chopin performer
on: May 08, 2022, 02:19:52 AM

Came across his channel, which has only 281 subs, while looking for video recordings of the Allegro de Concert. He also performs the Polonaise-Fantaisie, 4th Scherzo, and a few shorter pieces, and has some promo material on there. IMHO Mr. Ganz deserves more listeners as his performances of Chopin are excellent and he posesses an infectious sort of enthousiasm which is rare even amongst concert musicians.

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Offline anacrusis

• PS Silver Member
Re: Brian Ganz - an excellent Chopin performer
Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 12:13:55 PM
Never heard of the guy, but his recordings were quite enjoyable to listen to. I struggle a bit with performers who move about a lot so I had to keep the video tabbed down, but the musical results are very good  ;D

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert