Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Piano world has been sold  (Read 629 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Piano world has been sold
on: October 04, 2022, 05:26:28 PM
See statement below*
(*wonders who sold it, wonders further if Bob bought it)
Piano World Has Been Sold!

To all Piano World Forums Members & Guests

The time has come.

After twenty five years as the founder/creator/host of Piano World and the world famous Piano Forums I've decided it's time to move on.
I turned seventy last November and have been lucky enough to have a wonderful woman enter my life.

I'm going to try on semi-retirement for a change.

I'll still keep an eye on the forums, participating from time to time, and I'll continue to tune pianos and play gigs. I'm looking forward to more time to practice the piano and compose, catch up on my reading,
get into woodworking, host and attend piano parties, and of course spend time with Lorraine.
My heartfelt thanks to all who have participated in the forums over the years especially those who have been kind enough to support Piano World and the Forums financially. And a special thank you to our moderators who have worked tirelessly over the years to try to maintain some semblance of sanity in the millions of posts you all have created.

For the rest of the details, please visit https://forum.pianoworld.com//ubbthreads.php/topics/3255005.html

All the Best,
Frank Baxter
(formerly Mr. PianoWorld, now MainePianoMan, new website under construction - - MainePianoMan.com )
P.S.
This will likely be my last newsletter

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano world has been sold
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 12:07:30 AM
Not me.  This is the first I'm hearing about it.  Maybe Nils bought it and will combine both forums. 

I haven't been over there in years.  The simpler format over here definitely seems like a plus after seeing all the subforums there.

He's making a new website though?  Must be a different topic.

I wonder how much it sold for.  Or how much money that or this site makes.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert