Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Which Piano Brand to Select?  (Read 287 times)

Offline crystal hafley

• PS Silver Member
Which Piano Brand to Select?
on: December 17, 2022, 07:32:45 AM
Hi everyone!
I am quite new to this piano world and want to buy my first piano to start my journey. Can anyone guide me about which specific brands to avoid and which are the good brands? Since budget is not an issue, can anyone suggest the perfect piano brand to choose?
Cheers!

Offline droprenstein

• PS Silver Member
Re: Which Piano Brand to Select?
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 08:10:32 AM
Steinway and Sons is arguably the best company for world-class grand pianos, and are used by most soloists in concerts. But there are a few caveats. They are very big, and resonate a bit too well for practice. So if space is taken care of, and you don't care about your poor neighbors, Steinway and Sons is probably the best for you. If you want something that doesn't take up half a room and blast your playing around your entire neighborhood, both Steinway and Son's and Yamaha's upright pianos are excellent. I'm currently working to get a Yamaha upright. I've never personally played on a Steinway upright, but considering their record with grand pianos, I'd trust them here too.

Offline victor66

• PS Silver Member
Re: Which Piano Brand to Select?
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 05:14:49 PM
"The budget is not an issue" sounds a bit unusual when applied to pianos.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert