Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: A place to study in Gatineau, Quebec?  (Read 251 times)

Offline faa2010

• PS Silver Member
A place to study in Gatineau, Quebec?
on: March 19, 2023, 01:19:13 PM
Hi,

I a few months I will be going to Gatineau, Quebec to study french and the culture, part of a school program. However, the program doesn't include a place where we, musicians, can have a moment to study and practice. The school doesn't have a piano, as they are telling me.

I am going to rent a place for me near the school (which is a safe bet in order to arrive on time), unfortunately, I haven't find any place where there could be a piano or a keyboard. Or maybe, track a place where they can allow me to play the piano, or a teacher who can give me piano lessons at certain schedule during the weekends or Friday the afternoons. I will be just 3 weeks.

What could you recommend me?, it is just that I don't want to get rusty for not playing in 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Offline brogers70

• PS Silver Member
Re: A place to study in Gatineau, Quebec?
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 03:34:25 PM
Not sure about Quebec, but here in Vermont (just across the border) a lot of churches have pretty good pianos that don't get used during the week. You might find a church in Gatineau that was willing to let you practice there, maybe in return for playing an interlude one Sunday or something like that.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert