Piano Forum

Chopin and His Europe - Warsaw Invites the World
Celebrating its 20th anniversary the festival “Chopin and His Europe” included the thematic title “And the Rest of the World”, featuring world-renowned pianists and international and national top ensembles and orchestras. As usual the event explored Chopin's music through diverse perspectives, spanning four centuries of repertoire. Piano Street presents a selection of concerts videos including an interview with the festival’s founder, Chopin Institute’s Stanislaw Leszczynski. Read more >>

Topic: Raindrop Prelude  (Read 366 times)

Offline nina.beatriz

• PS Silver Member
Raindrop Prelude
on: May 30, 2024, 03:46:47 PM
One of my favourite pieces of all time :)

Hope you don't mind me sharing my video! Do you perhaps have any tips on how to improve my playing of this section?

Offline advertis45

• PS Silver Member
Re: Raindrop Prelude
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 09:09:37 PM
One of my favourite pieces of all time :)

Hope you don't mind me sharing my video! Do you perhaps have any tips on how to improve my playing of this section?

Wonderful playing, first of all, and great job on the dynamics. One thing I would do is that I see you pressing the keys down with your wrist a lot, which can create a lot of tension, so I recommend that you try practicing keeping the wrist steady while pressing down on the keys, and if you want a louder sound, you can try to press the keys down like you are digging into it, and lean in, which gives it a fuller sound. I also recommend that you try to not lift your hand too high after pressing down on the keys, since it can also cause tension, and make you be less precise.

Offline nina.beatriz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2024, 11:43:04 AM
Thank you so much for your kind feedback! I will definitely keep this in mind while practicing :)

Offline psipsi8

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2024, 12:42:32 PM
Nice, but too loud in the RH, it drowns out the LH. Also, do not slow down in the piano section, keep the same speed as the fortissimo section because it's not the end of the piece.

Offline nina.beatriz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 31, 2024, 02:39:30 PM
Thanks, good point! Yes, I do need to work on distinguishing the LH more from the RH. It's tough as a righty :D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert