Piano Forum logo
November 18, 2017, 04:34:24 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Glenn Gould – Seeking the Ordinary in the Eccentric

Many are names of things we hold dear. An enigmatic musical poet, world- renowned pianist Glenn Gould continues to captivate years after his untimely death in 1982. In 2010 the documentary Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould was presented and became yet another attempt to describe the iconic musician. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopin G minor Ballade No.1  (Read 1792 times)
Aspiring Romantic

« on: March 22, 2005, 03:24:30 AM »

Hi, I just recently played the Chopin Scherzo Op.31 and won a state competition in it.  I am currently working on the Grieg Concerto and Chopin Polonaise 0p.53.  I was wondering if the Chopin G minor Ballade is harder than the scherzo and how much harder. 
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Ballade 1
allchopin

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 04:42:06 AM »

http://pianoforum.net/smf/index.php/topic,7510.0.html
Miss this thread?

A modern house without a flush toilet... uncanny.
ara9100
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:27:19 AM »

The Ballade Is a much more difficult piece then The scherzo, and in my opinion the concerto.
The ballade is difficult because it has a much more flowing melody and it is difficult to play that effortlessly.
It is also a very grand piece.
aslanov
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »

I'd say the ballade in some parts is very similar to a scherzo, but the thing about the ballade is it incorporates a variety of styles of melodies, so not only technically is it demanding, but..sort of sewing these different types of music together into one grand ballade can be a difficult task, musically.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: