Piano Forum logo
November 19, 2017, 05:52:47 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Twelve Nocturnes and a Waltz

Critically-acclaimed American pianist Robert Henry presents his highly anticipated debut recording “Twelwe Nocturnes and a Waltz“. Released in 2010, this recording is a compilation of some of the world’s best loved melodies, featuring Nocturnes of Chopin, Fauré, Grieg, Liszt and many others, including the world premiere of Alexei Stanchinsky’s forgotten Nocturne from 1907. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopin's g minor Ballade - oh again!  (Read 1058 times)
dinosaurtales
PS Silver Member

« on: March 30, 2005, 04:45:18 AM »

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

OK I guess I need moral support or something.  I have been working on this for a while, and for some reason I am having the most trouble with the FIRST PAGE - that's right - the main theme.

I know how I want the "big" phrases to grow and shrink, and how I want the melodic line to come out, and how I want the bass to come out - but just a little less, and how I want the chord to be even less, and the pedalling.  BUT I CAN'T seem to be able to make myself do it - at least not all of those at the same time.  I swear it's like learning a golf swing - anybody else know what I mean?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

So much music, so little time........

piano sheet music of Ballade 1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: