Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Special history Bechstein piano 1910 - how much?  (Read 3353 times)

Offline vladone

• PS Silver Member
Special history Bechstein piano 1910 - how much?
on: April 25, 2005, 06:59:55 PM
This piano is 1910 Beschstein, bronze plaqued, dedication from Bechstein to the Romanian Royal Family. Also comes with an original signed photo of the famous Romanian composer George Enescu (dedication to the Romanian Royal Family).

This piano was specially made for the Royal Family.

I do have to sell this piano and I would really appreciate some advice on how much I could sell it for and a place on the Internet I can put up this ad. Any info in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline iumonito

• PS Silver Member
Re: Special history Bechstein piano 1910 - how much?
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:59:11 AM
Interesting.  I wonder whether Dinu Lipati played that instrument.

Reach out to Mark Smart (www.smartpianos.com) and Imre Szabo (www.luxurypianos.com).  They specialize in old Bechsteins and will ask you all the right questions.  First question, do you know whether the plate is cracked.

What size is this piano?  Model E? (The equivalent of their old Model (Roman numeral) I).
Money does not make happiness, but it can buy you a piano.  :)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert