Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Bechstein model 182 & Kawai RX5 Prices  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Ennio

• PS Silver Member
Bechstein model 182 & Kawai RX5 Prices
on: April 30, 2005, 06:25:16 PM
Hello guys, I am shopping for a new Grand Piano and I was offered a brand new Bechstein model 182 (6'0) for $25,900 US dollars.
Also a Brand new Kawai Rx5 for $18,900.
Are these good prices?
Thanks for your help.

Offline Rich D.

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bechstein model 182 & Kawai RX5 Prices
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 02:44:30 PM
I do not think Bechstein makes a 182 size grand.  I believe the new ones come in 160, 180, 192 and up.  Up to a couple of years ago they did make a 189.  The Academy series version of this piano were priced substantially lower than the regular series.  Regardless of this, if the Bechstein grand is new the price you've been quoted is terrific.  IMHO the Bechstein would be a far better choice than the Kawai.  More importantly however is which piano do you like better?  The Kawai price also seems good so it really depends on your budget and the piano that speaks to you.  Good luck.

Rich

Offline Axtremus

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bechstein model 182 & Kawai RX5 Prices
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 04:51:25 AM
Not familiar with Bechstein's pricing, but the RX-5 number is the lowest I've seen quoted to date. Would you mind telling where you got that price quote? Thanks. :)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert