Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Kawai CE10  (Read 6654 times)

Offline possom46

• PS Silver Member
Kawai CE10
on: May 23, 2005, 11:01:45 AM
I bought my second hand Kawai CE10 about 2 months ago and absolutely love it. I had a brand new Yamaha before but the Kawai in my opinion is much much better. The thing is I cannot find out any information on the internet about this particular model of Kawai, so can anyone out there help me? I would like to know when these models were made, where they were made, usual value and any rating. Thanks in advance  :)

Offline Michele Felice

• PS Silver Member
Re: Kawai CE10
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 07:00:58 PM
Kawai changes models frequently so it is very difficult to keep up with model designations. Your piano is probably about 15 to 20 years old and was made in Japan. The model CE7, also a 43 inch console, which may be essentially the same, has a continental-style case (no legs) and was considered by many techs to be Kawai's best console. Larry Fine gave the CE7 a 4.0+ rating in his first edition of The Piano Book, which means a good piano for home use. New price then was about $4K; possibly worth that much used today.

The most important thing about it is, of course, that you enjoy it!
Piano technician no longer active in the trade.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert