Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Ravel  (Read 5953 times)

Offline Fugue

• PS Silver Member
Ravel
on: June 03, 2005, 12:37:07 AM
Does anyone know of any good intermediate (as in level 4-7 ish) Ravel peices? Ravel is one of my favorate composers, and I can't seem to find any of his piano music in any of my books (except his prelude, but that's a little easy). Is his "Pavane" too advanced? Just curious.
Maurice Ravel:
- Top pieces & piano scores to download
- Biography & quotes
- Related forum topics & articles

Offline nanabush

• PS Silver Member
Re: Ravel
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 01:08:40 AM
I haven't played, but Pavane pour une Infante Defunte is Grade 9 In canada, which is about 6-7 in US I believe... If your closer to level 4 then I guess It might be a bit too difficult... but if not you could probably play.
Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2

Offline Nightscape

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 02:03:38 AM
The Prelude, and the Minuet on the name Haydn, and In the manner of Borodin should all be within your grasp.

The Prelude is quite difficult to perform convincingly, however....

Offline Fugue

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 04:11:11 AM
indeed, it is. Thanks!

Offline nanabush

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 04:31:11 AM
Oooo, try the Minuet or Prelude from tombeau de couperin... Prelude is harder, grade 10 level in Canada syllabus, probly 7-8 In your's not sure.  Minuet is easier though.. Avoid the Tocatta at all costs though..don't even look at it.
Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2

Offline will

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 08:59:53 AM
2nd movement of Sonatine.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert