On the recent Music Education Expo in London, Piano Street presented a new concept for sheet music publication: The Piano Street Urtext & Instructive Edition
Scores for all stages of learning
Thanks to the possibilities of digital technology we are no longer limited to just one specific edition of a piano composition when going through the various stages of learning. Depending on your own level of experience and where you are in the learning process of a particular piece, you may need fingering, pedal markings, practice and performance tips, or perhaps the right opposite – a clean Urtext score.
Marking the start of the Piano Street’s series of Rachmaninoff Editions with the famous Prelude in C-sharp minor, Op. 3 No. 2, all these aspects are taken into account in one single publication containing:
1. Introduction to the piece: History and a brief analysis of the composition.
2. Practice tips: Preparatory exercises which greatly facilitates the learning of the piece.
3. PS Instructive Edition: An educational edition covering all the information a teacher would give you during your first couple of lessons with the piece, including:
- Detailed fingering with alternatives for small hands
- Pedal instructions including Piano Street’s unique half-pedal marking
- Technical advice
- Artistic advice
4. PS Urtext: The clean score. Exactly what the composer wrote, no more, no less.
Update 29 July 2014:
The first four instructive editions are now available to download and print for all Piano Street Gold members: