Piano Forum

Topic: hungarian rhapsody no 2 help  (Read 2911 times)

Offline 2xtreme619

• PS Silver Member
hungarian rhapsody no 2 help
on: July 08, 2005, 02:46:06 AM
im having trouble playing the scales on the last couple of pages the a and f, i cannot play it at the full speed to get the 3 octaves done in the short time, i only play 2 octaves, how can i speed it up, ?

Offline steinwayguy

• PS Silver Member
Re: hungarian rhapsody no 2 help
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 04:04:57 AM
Practice.

Offline Kassaa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 07:49:19 PM

Offline pianohopper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 09:21:23 PM
slow down.  take it one hand at a time until it's like a rock, or a chevy.   

Hey, has anyone ever seen the Victor Borge shtick with the little Turkish guy where they play it as a duet?  Too funny.
"Today's dog in the alley is tomorrow's moo goo gai pan."  ~ Chinese proverb

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 01:10:38 AM
im having trouble playing the scales on the last couple of pages the a and f, i cannot play it at the full speed to get the 3 octaves done in the short time, i only play 2 octaves, how can i speed it up, ?
yeah, this part really pisses me off when I am trying to play it.  notice that the tonic note of the scales fall on quarterbeats.  My teacher has been trying to get me to do this part properly, but I still dont quite have the hang of it.  It's supposed to be easy though..

Until my hands understand the easy way to do it, yeah, just practice practice, practice the only way you can play it..
the F # scale is harder than the A.  I think some of the difficulty is in the Left hand jumps and coordinating both hands.
donjuan

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 06:26:32 AM
yeah, this part really pisses me off when I am trying to play it.  notice that the tonic note of the scales fall on quarterbeats.  My teacher has been trying to get me to do this part properly, but I still dont quite have the hang of it.  It's supposed to be easy though..

Until my hands understand the easy way to do it, yeah, just practice practice, practice the only way you can play it..
the F # scale is harder than the A.  I think some of the difficulty is in the Left hand jumps and coordinating both hands.
donjuan

I count 1 2 3 4 & 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 & 1 2 3

the & would be where the left hand falls between beats.

Offline JPRitchie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 12:04:21 PM
Don't know if this will help, but I've programmed this piece with MIDI. An excerpt with the part you're interested in is here. If you would like the corresponding MIDI file, just leave an e-mail address.
Regards,
Jim
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert