Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: audition piece for Berklee  (Read 2786 times)

Offline maestrotim

• PS Silver Member
audition piece for Berklee
on: July 03, 2003, 06:40:20 PM
I am looking for recommendations on a couple of contrasting pieces to use for an upcoming scholarship audition to Berklee College of Music.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I was thinking an arrangement of a tune from the Real Book and an Oscar Peterson transcription or something of that nature.  It has to be in a style other than classical.  Also any recommendations on etudes to demonstrate my practice technique?  I play Czerny op. 299 once in awhile.  

Offline allchopin

• PS Silver Member
Re: audition piece for Berklee
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 07:50:58 AM
;D
youve come to the wrong place to talk about NON-classical music. I think all of us here would rather stick forks in our eyes thatn talk about jazz (or whatever).
A modern house without a flush toilet... uncanny.

Offline Irock1ce

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 07:54:35 AM
ohh one of my friends is goin to Berklee school of music.... but then he plays trumpet.
Member of Young Musicians program at University of California, Berkeley.

Offline Hmoll

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 07:53:51 PM
Oscar Peterson is a good choice. Also, if you have the chops, look at some Fats Waller.

Good luck in the audition. I used to practice just down the street at Boston Conservatory.
"I am sitting in the smallest room of my house. I have your review before me. In a moment it will be behind me!" -- Max Reger

Offline eddie92099

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 03:31:05 AM
If i were you I would pick up some of the transriptions of Art Tatum...they would certainly show off your technique,
Ed
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert